Practice: Insurance Industry Counsel
P: (440) 666-9735 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attorney Ratings: 4.8/5.0 (Source: Martindale- Hubbell Peer Review Ratings). “Superb” (Source: AVVO).
Scott started The Lawson Firm, LLC after a long and successful in-house career with leading companies in the insurance industry. Scott has given presentations at both regional and national insurance conferences and has published articles and papers on numerous topics. Throughout his career, Scott has successfully applied a unique mix of legal expertise and solid business sense to produce exceptional results for his clients.
- Insurance Industry Counsel, The Lawson Firm, LLC, 2009-Present.
- General Counsel, LSI Holdings (a diversified insurance and financial services holding company acquired in 2009), 2005-2009.
- Senior Corporate Counsel, Progressive Insurance Corporation (PGR) (a Fortune 500, publicly-traded property/casualty insurance holding company), 1992-2004.
- Manager of Compliance and Regulatory Affairs, Unity Mutual Life Insurance Company (a regional life and annuity company), 1985-1990.
Selected Publications and Presentations …
- “NAIC Adopts New Cybersecurity ‘Roadmap’”, The Regulator, March 2016.
- Presenter – “Ride Sharing and Auto Insurance”, AICP Mid-West Chapter Conference, Columbus, Ohio – May 2015.
- “‘Who are Those Guys ?’ – An FIO Primer”, The Regulator, September 2014.
- Compliance Panel, Life Insurance Settlement Association, Compliance Seminar, Las Vegas, NV- September 2008.
- Presenter – Federal Topics, Insurance Regulatory Examiners Society, Career Development Seminar, Pittsburgh, PA – August 2007.
- “Insurer Outsourcing Pros and Cons”, Rough Notes Magazine, July 2006.
- Presenter – Federal Topics, Association of Insurance Compliance Professionals, Annual Conference, Dallas, TX – September 2005.
- “Identity Check: An Eight-Step Compliance Program for Avoiding the Consequences of Violating OFAC Regulations”, Best’s Review, May 2005.
Education and Admissions …
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland State University (J.D., 1994).
- Editor – Cleveland State Law Review.
- West Publishing Award for Outstanding Legal Writing.
- State University of New York/Fredonia Campus (B.A., Political Science, 1985).
- Dean’s List.
- Honor-Student Legal Internship Program.
- Admitted, 1994 (Ohio).