The Lawson Firm, LLC (TLF) provides comprehensive legal counsel and regulatory compliance services to the insurance industry. The firm is managed by Scott Lawson, an attorney with over 20 years of experience working with leading companies in the industry.
“Scott (Lawson) has advised us on numerous legal issues. His knowledge of the insurance industry and its unique issues is invaluable.” – Senior Counsel, National Multi-Lines Insurer.
Key services include:
- Experienced counsel, research, and written opinions on legal and compliance matters.
- Market conduct compliance services.
- Product drafting and approval.
- Company formation, certificates of authority (UCAA services), and redomestication.
- Holding company formation and compliance (including transactions between affiliates).
- Legal review of reinsurance programs, treaties, and agreements.
- Other specialty insurance contracts (i.e. strategic marketing agreements, investment management service agreements).
- Withdrawal from unprofitable lines of business.
- Assistance with transferring or settling liabilities in run-off blocks of business (including assumption reinsurance).
- Premium tax management and compliance (including obtaining or purchasing state tax credits and other tax reduction strategies).
- Multi-state compliance research on any topic.
- Agent compensation, appointment, licensing, and termination matters.
- Independent agent, agency, and managing general agency agreements.
- Representation for insurance department matters (including examinations, investigations, and complaints).
- Compliance audits.
- Data security breach compliance planning.
- Record retention compliance.
- TPA and other outsourcing contract negotiation, contract drafting, contract management, and related compliance matters.
- Advertising reviews.
- Development and drafting of anti-fraud plans.
- TCPA compliance for outbound calling and/or texting programs.
- Life insurance product taxation matters.