The Lawson Firm (TLF) provides value-added legal services to corporations and business owners. Whether your company or business is a relatively new venture or a well-established one, TLF is ready to serve as your trusted legal adviser, helping you spot opportunities while minimizing your legal risks. Coupling our legal knowledge with business judgment accumulated through years of working with leading companies, TLF provides innovative, yet practical and cost-effective legal advice and services. TLF has successfully served businesses in the media, software, retail, personal services, professional services, education, medical technology, financial services, insurance, food, electronics, and light manufacturing industries.
- Business startup and capitalization.
- Strategic partnerships and joint ventures.
- Intellectual property protection and licensing.
- Employment law matters.
- Business contracts including, but not limited to:
- software, supplier, vendor, and other key commercial contracts;
- customer agreements (including warranties, customer fee waivers, and service guarantees);
- contractor and subcontractor agreements;
- outsourcing agreements;
- partnership, limited liability, and other closely held business agreements;
- office leases;
- shareholder, buy-sell, and other corporate agreements; and
- marketing and sales force agreements.
- Mergers, acquisitions, and asset sales.
- State and local tax matters.
What Others are Saying…
“Scott Lawson has a sharp legal mind. However, he’s not “just” a legal technician. He has excellent business judgment and is a valuable source of advice on business matters. Scott’s integrity is beyond reproach and his results are consistently excellent.”
– Managing Director, diversified financial services company.
“Scott understands the business issues that drive the legal needs of his clients and is able to effectively and efficiently provide results.”
– Senior Counsel, Fortune-500 company.
“Scott is very knowledgeable and is able to provide us with reliable legal advice at a very reasonable cost.”
– General Counsel, mid-sized Ohio company.
Representative Matters and Cases…
- Designed,drafted, and helped business implement service warranty program.
- Reviewed and advised client company concerning multi-million dollar outsourcing agreement.
- Designed and helped business implement executive compensation program.
- Registered trademarks for numerous companies.
- Advised client company concerning multi-million dollar data supplier agreement.
- Settled liability claims for commercial services company.
- Advised company concerning alleged copyright infringement.
- Advised growing technology firm on intellectual property and employment law issues.
- Negotiated and drafted employment agreements for client company’s incoming executives.
- Advised growing privately held service company on employment law issues.
- Provided advice and counsel to financial services company concerning state tax issues.
- Drafted non-competition and non-disclosure agreements for numerous companies.
- Defended age-discrimination complaint against employer.
- Guided employer through multiple reductions in force.
- Defended financial services company in regulatory investigation.
- Obtained settlement in favor of employer for breach of non-competition agreement.
- Advised client company concerning employee fraud investigation.
- Advised client company concerning possible trademark infringement claim.
- Conducted compliance review for financial services company.
- Defended commercial property owner in school district appeal of county tax assessment.
- Provided fairness opinion for financing transaction.
- Assisted company in winding down and dissolving subsidiary company.